[WLANware] GSoC 2010: Project IP/UDP encapsulation Kernel module

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:43:17 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM, marco bonola <marco.bonola at gmail.com> wrote:
> the point is to have it in the kernel.

Good point. :-)

Will there be any encryption or at least scrambling support? In wlan
ljubljana we are currently using OpenVPN and this makes links limited
by CPU (as we have often fiber links). It would be really great to
have something in kernel and thus faster. We do not really need
encryption (our keys are currently semi-public anyway as they are
stored on every node) but some scrambling would be great just to
prevent simple sniffing of traffic in guest (ethernet) networks to
which nodes are connected to. Maybe RC5 or something?

So we would also be interesting in this. We could also test it.

Mitar