[WLANware] GSoC 2010: {Distributed Small Storage System, Peer-to-peer file sharing [..]}

Marcel Lauhoff ml at irq0.org
Thu Apr 8 02:24:00 CEST 2010

Moin!

I'm a computer science student at the University of Paderborn, Germany. Since
attending a more theoretical lecture about Distributed Algorithms and Data Structures
last semester i'm looking for a project to put some use into the theory learned.

The ideas page list "Distributed Small Storage System" and "Peer-to-peer file sharing applications in Wireless Mesh Networks" which sound really interesting.

Is there already a mentor i could talk to?
I read through some scientific papers and I'm not sure if what if have read is feasible in the in the
time of SoC.
What background, base skills besides like programming is expected?

Marcel