[WLANware] New Project added to Ideas Page

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Wed Apr 7 21:17:02 CEST 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 7:14 PM, Stefano Pilla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that is too late but I've added new project to the ideas page [0].
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> Later I will create a page on the wiki where everyone can add features
> that would like to see implemented in this WebApp.
>
> Ciao!
>
> [0] http://wiki.freifunk.net/Ideas#Freimap_WebApp

I personally believe HTML is much more practical . -> I like it :)

IMHO it would make a lot of sense to combine this with this project:
http://wiki.freifunk.net/Ideas#Define_a_common_node_database_schema

The existing nodeDBs out there (http://interop.wlan-lj.net/) are very different and each Wi-Fi community net simply implemented what it needed and there is no common code base. Even things like IP address plans and IP address spaces are very different.

So any one being able to make some interface for all node DBs (via the some abstraction layer) would really do a big service for all the Freifunk/funkfeuer/Guifi.net/AWMN/Ninux-style networks!

a.