[WLANware] [GSoC 2010] About a proposal

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Wed Apr 7 16:56:08 CEST 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM, L. Aaron Kaplan <aaron at lo-res.org> wrote:
>
> On Apr 7, 2010, at 5:52 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
>
>> Howdy!
>>
>> I'm Fabiano Fidêncio (fidencio on network irc.freenode.net), brazillian guy and Science Computer student at State University of Campinas. Moreover, I'm a free software's user/developer[1].
>>
>> At first, sorry for the late meet.
>> Now, that's the point: I'm very interested in a task[2] for GSoC 2010.
>>
>> But, I have some questions.
>> 1 - How many time is it expected/necessary for that the student dedicates yourself in this task[2] per day?
>
> The GUI for N900 might be a bit more challenging but should still be an easy task.
> I would highly recommend that in case someone is going to do a GUI for Android that you try to synchronize and work together.
>
> The hardwares would be provided by the organization?

Don;'t know if we can convince Nokia it might work out. We will have to  see...
In the worst case you would have to get one from the GSoC payment money (but of course you keep the phone :)) )
If you are serious about it, I can try to get in contact with Nokia for a sponsorship of the hardware.
But just applying for the project, getting an N900 and then resigning will not work out ;-)))

a.