[WLANware] WLANware Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 11:40:30 CEST 2010

No ! That is already implemented ! Look at www.olsr.org

> 2.To implement OBAMP with Multi-tree construction and add it as a
> plugin to OLSR.You said that at present the OBAMP plugin constructs
> one OBAMP tree irrespective of the kinds of multimedia data and all
> the data is forwarded without knowing the intended nodes)..so i think
> i have to go for content based routing here.i.e,for different kinds of
> multimedia data(like text,audio,video)the multicasting node should
> first multicast the IGMP query request using the multicast address
> 224.0.0.1..All the nodes will receive this message and 2 membership
> reports are multicast(In IGMP, a membership report is sent twice,one
> after the another) using destination address equal to the multicast
> address being reported(group id)..and by using this membership message
> ,a separate OBAMP tree is constructed for each kind of multimedia
> data(this prevents the data from reaching non intended nodes).is my
> perception right?If not please do say me where i am wrong.

Mmm, no content based routing. Is just nodes joining the multicast
tree they are interested in.

Basically if you read how OBAMP works, there is a core node of the
multicast tree. Now that's the node with the lowest IP address.

We will have one OBAMP core node of every multimedia stream in the
network. If a OBAMP node will sniff a IGMP packet of a client
streaming something on the network, the OBAMP node will start to send
OBAMP alive messages saying he is the core for that multimedia stream.
Other nodes can decide to join that OBAMP tree if some users attached
to them will request that stream.

> 3.And simulation of this environment using ns2.

There is no need for simulation on ns2. You can test the
implementation emulating on Netkit (www.netkit.org) or you can test on
real devices.

Saverio