[WLANware] pmacct

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Thu Aug 13 07:06:55 CEST 2009

Hi

I have pmacct installed on the (single) gateway router of a
50 node mesh running ff1.6.36.

I have ntp installed so all clients have the same correct date
(though the transfer page still shows GMT on all the routers,
and not GMT+2 for us).

Sometimes pmacct acts strangely.  I cannot repeat or isolate
this, but it happens once or twice a month.

I have a single entry which will suddenly drop. I notice
because I Know the top 5 entries. One dropped yesterday from 4G to
800M or so. It is not always 4G, it does not seem to be some kind
wrapping. I have looked in curr.pmacct, the numbers have in fact changed
so it is not just a display problem.

I will try to keep backups of these files off the router in future, but
has anyone come accross this?

Also the column titles are in German (	empfangen ⇑ ⇓	gesendet ⇑ ⇓	Summe)
despite everything else being English (yes, it is the freifunk-gatewate-en
package). I recall back in 1.4.X or before these were in English.

regards,
Jan
--
   .~.