[WLANware] WLC_SET_BSSID in adhoc mode on Broadcom

Sven-Ola Tuecke mail2news at commando.de
Wed May 14 14:02:43 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,

Felix' hack will just bump up the TSF AFAIK. The (high) TSF is sent by the
local driver in order to convince other nodes to use the local BSSID. Thats
not working well. Reasons:

- There are drivers which ignore TSF (e.g. the Ralink
   RT73-USB-legacy compares BSSIDs. The highes
   BSSID wins (non-standard behaviour)

- In every bigger mesh (>20 nodes) you will experience
   a TSF of ~ 500.000 years (in milliseconds). Use "horst" to
   see jumpy values advancing by days or months in a couple of secs.
   Sooner or later, the 64bit counter wraps. Now try to imagine
   what happens next.

Conclusio: fiddeling with TSF does not work. You need to be deaf and insist
on the manually configured BSSID. Nothing else.

P.S: Batman binaries for Freifunk are here (does'nt look too old):
http://downloads.open-mesh.net/batman/development/wrt-freifunk/

// Sven-Ola

"Alexander Morlang" <alx at dd19.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:48295B0B.2040400 at dd19.de...