[WLANware] current state of wrt54gls in a Mesh/

axel at notmail.org axel at notmail.org
Tue May 13 15:13:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Dienstag 13 Mai 2008, dondavis at reglue.org wrote:
> Quick question:
>
> A wrt54gl only mesh -- kamikaze is out because of bssid splitting;
> freifunk is the way to go but no version 3 batmand for freifunk.  (I had
> previously tried experimental  batmand on freifunk before it was released
> as 'stable' and it completely froze the routers.) what are freifunk plans

Something has been misunderstood here because not the BatMan-eXperimental
(bmx) branch has been released as stable but the main batmand-0.3 branch.

Can you specify which version/revision you have tried and how your setup looks
like? If you found a bug I would be very interested to solve it.

> for batman v.3? why does batman experimental lock up freifunk routers?
Well, generally it is not supposed to lock up freifunk routers :-) . I am
really trying to do more than a simple smoketest with every new revision
before I commit it but of course I might have missed something. At least a
few nodes in berlin and much much more in Leipzig can show that it does not
always freeze your node.

ciao,
/axel