[WLANware] HNA4 multiple gateways

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Wed Feb 20 13:19:39 CET 2008

Hi

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 12:58:00PM +0100, tetzlav wrote:
> > OLD's default route is now NEW, since I turned WAN off. If WAN is on,
> > but I don't want it to share internet, instead just to use it's default
> > route for itself, is this possible?
>
> Just switch policy routing on (nvram set ff_policyrt=1) an you should be
> happy...!

Nope, this didn't work. I tried it twice. I am interested in
understanding,  and getting it to work, so I will try it a third time
later this week when I am back there.

> If on, the WAN default route is written to another "hidden" table and is
> only used by localhost.

I am not getting this behaviour. I am getting traffic via this interface
(tested by traceroute). I am also getting other routing problems, I had
a loop for a while. Perhaps olsr was still updating routing tables.

Plus the F1 help with the mouseover on policy routing on the
admin > olsr page, says it will actually update the hna4 announcements.

I am running 1.6.25-english. I can't do it now but I will test policy
routing carefully from scratch (I only need to set this on OLD GW,
right) and wait for all the tables to update to see if this works for
me. I'll give feedback in a few days.

regards,
Jan

--