[WLANware] odd freifunk + batman + wrt54g

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Thu Dec 25 18:40:51 CET 2008

I have a few meshes going in different spots.  I haven't been staying on
top of them and I haven't set up any new ones recently.

They are all wrt54gls + freifunk + batman.

This morning I noticed that the startup script for batman had
disappeared from the GW router.
-- Is it normal for things to 'disappear from the memory of the wrt?

  But that seems fine because OLSR still seems to be working (as I can
see through OLSR Viz (and the fact that the people using the node that
connect to it haven't said anything)).  Although I can't log into the
nodes (whereas I previously could).

I have set up freifunk + working batman before but on two new
installations I do the same install and one of the routers (the GW)
detects the other batman router with batmand -c -d 1 but the other
router (the node)  doesn't notice anything.  Mmmm.  Both have the same
revision of batman (compatibility version 5 version 1057).

Thoughts?