[WLANware] nanostation

albert homs alberthoms at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 23:19:55 CEST 2008

Hi
In our community network (OLSR mesh) we have two nanostation. AFAIK there
isn't a freifunk firm since it's based in openwrt whiterussian that doesn't
support atheros devices. Don't kown if the new LUA FFLuCI will work
http://blog.freifunk.net/2008/ffluci-next-generation-lua-web-interface-f%C3%BCr-openwrt-von-steven-cyrus-barth
.
Both nanos we have run openwrt kamikaze, and there some issues (disclaimer,
I've very little technical scope and the guy that made all the work is on
holiday now, so I talk referring what he explained...)
1-. The external SMA connector doesn't work
2-. There is bug concerning madwifi driver in ad-hoc mode (not only the
nanos but all atheros hardware) that first makes wifi stop working and at
the end "freezes" the whole box. It is related with the algorythm that
calculates the wifi rate. To avoid that we use a cron that reboots the
radio. We found in madwifi forums that compiling a driver with another
algorythm would work, we are testing this on a nano (that has very little
traffic), today the uptime was 7 days and only 16 errors have occurred :)

If I remember something else I'll write back