[WLANware] DHCP pass through

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Fri Aug 8 17:29:41 CEST 2008

Hi

I'm using OLSR-DHCP to let laptops join one mesh.

I want to do the same in a new network, but it is for one institution
with a central (LAN) DHCP server, bandwidth and network access rules
accroding to that, and I don't want to duplicate work by redoing
DHCP and adding ranges everywhere.  It is to cover floors without network
points.

Is there some way to allow the central DHCP server traffic through?
To somehow bridge every node? We used to have openwrt bridges
there which worked OK as APs, but they were each plugged into an existing
network point, and now we want to expand.

I want to replace all of them with freifunk nodes, bridge the WAN+Wireless IP
where the do have a WAN connection to the institution's LAN, and have just the
wireless IP on those not connected by ethernet. Can I just go look in
/etc/init.d/S45firewall
for the appropriate DHCP lines? Or are there other issues to watch out for?

regards,
Jan