[WLANware] running freifunk + batman on older computers as router]

dondavis at reglue.org dondavis at reglue.org
Mon Apr 14 14:48:24 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm sure some of you might have thoughts or experience regarding the use
of old desktops PI's, PII's, K7's as routers with freifunk.
What is the minimum power consumption I can expect?
Is there a way (an ideal way) to convert an old motherboard + processor +
ram for use as an outdoor wireless router?
Is there a way to convert to DC at the wall and make a longer DC run to
the  router?
Are any of you running batman + freifunk on an i386 router?