[WLANware] Setting up FFSomething ..

l0ki at frubsd.org l0ki at frubsd.org
Tue Sep 25 22:49:13 CEST 2007

re

This mail will be in english, since my english is much better than my
german. So here is the problem .. I have started similar wireless
community/project as freifunk.net here in Ljubljana/Slovenia and I've
spotted this FFSomething software for "managing"/monitoring olsr nodes
and stuff. I even managed to set it up on one debian server.

The problem I'm facing is how to make "real-time topology" viewer
working (uptime modul). When does nodes become active? I haven't found
any useful documentation on this topic, I have only discovered
'bin/update.py' script that is, my case, having problem getting topology
from OLSR and generating topology images.

/var/www/ffsomething# python bin/update.py
xxx root         INFO     Get topology from:http://10.14.0.5:2004

The 'olsrd_dot_draw' plugin is enabled in olsrd and port is also
accessible (tested via telnet).

What have I missed? I'm using FFSomething taken from SVN, olsrd 5.3.3.
Any tips & suggestions are welcome ..

Thanks and regards,
 l0ki

--
BOFH excuse #224:

Jan  9 16:41:27 huber su: 'su root' succeeded for .... on /dev/pts/1