[WLANware] Fonera Flash GUI

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 06:10:26 CEST 2007

I can confirm again that ap51-flash works with the Meraki - and JFFS2
OpenWRT rootfs works too.

root at OpenWrt:/# cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00030000 00010000 "RedBoot"
mtd1: 006b0000 00010000 "rootfs"
mtd2: 000f0000 00010000 "vmlinux.bin.l7"
mtd3: 0000f000 00010000 "FIS directory"
mtd4: 00001000 00010000 "RedBoot config"
root at OpenWrt:/# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
root at OpenWrt:/# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock1            6.7M      1.8M      4.9M  27% /
none                     14.6M     20.0k     14.6M   0% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0k         0    512.0k   0% /dev
root at OpenWrt:/#

If the OpenWRT devs want to put an LZMA decompressor on the front of the
kernel that would be great - otherwise I won't spend any effort researching
it.  I'm guessing that with an LZMA decompressor we could also attach the
rootfs to the end of it?  It would be great if the firmware image could
contain a kernel and rootfs in the same file - which I think RedBoot could
support.