[WLANware] Mesh with 2 radios (help with 5 ghz)

kloschi kloschi at subsignal.org
Fri Jan 5 20:44:54 CET 2007

Hi,

welcome on Wlanware :)

> - Maybe it's a problem with adhoc and atheros/madwifi ?

I used to have problems on Voyage Linux, because their kernel modules
were still old generation madwifi. (not madwifi-ng).
But if your local link in the 2.4GHz works, I see no reason why it
should not work with the same modules in the same machine for 5GHz. :(

> - Could be a problem of pigtails? I use UFL-to-N-bulkhead ones.

Always.

> - Checked the link with a 2.4ghz and two Omni 2.4 12 dbi Pacific
> Wireless, and it was great! Good SNR and about 48Mbit rate connection.

Hm, that again seems to be something in the difference between 2.4 and 5
GHz, maybe madwifi.

Maybe try and give madwifi-ng a shot.

> I'm sorry if this is list is not
> the most appropriate to ask for help.