[WLANware] Melbourne Wireless Firmware Builder

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:32:57 CEST 2007

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that at Melbourne Wireless we're now using a modified
version of the Freifunk Firmware Kit on our website.  We have a node map
database where people can register their node and location on our network.
Melbourne Wireless can allocate an IP address to a node and with this info
we generate a firmware with the IP address, hostname, DHCP server settings
and more built in.

Here is my node map entry - node GMR:

http://melbournewireless.org.au/maps/view?id=gmr

This is the original version of the Firmware Builder that I adapted from the
Freifunk Kit - it is still coded in bash/cgi (type in GMR into the node
name):

http://flett.zapto.org/firmware/

And here is the PHP version that Tom Fifield, one of our web devs, adapted
for the Melbourne Wireless site:

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/mwfirmware/firmware.php

At the moment, is using a Freifunk 1.4.0 image with dnsmasq added and a
different intro.jpg. :)  I haven't updated to 1.4.5 because I haven't had
the time.

I added a routine that automatically calculates the wldhcp string based on
the node IP address selected.

Cheers,

Dan