[WLANware] Freifunk on 5.x GHz Wireless Router?

h2o-post h2o-post at gmx.net
Mon Oct 30 11:16:44 CET 2006

Hiho,

We got Freifunk running on a 5GHz Backbonelink over here. We are using two
Linksys WRT54G 1.0, changed the miniPCI WLAN card with a 5 GHz Broadcom
miniPCI card, installed sufficent 5 GHz antennas and it is proper running.
Just using the current openwrt freifunk version and enable the wlan "a-mode"
by changing the nvram variable to: "wl0_phytye=a" & "wl_phytype=a".
I´m not sure if the setting of one variable would be enough, so we changed
both. And that´s it.

Good luck

Bye Bluse