[WLANware] Freifunk Gui to conqueer the world

Sven-Ola Tuecke mail2news at commando.de
Thu Jun 15 14:14:13 CEST 2006

Michel,

no need to conquer something. FON is for sharing a private internet access
with other privates (accepting the FON-terms-of-trade to overcome own
dumbness in configuring such a thing), Freifunk is for city wide meshing.
Different audience. Yes - there is some congruence of course.

- PortFW: Dunno if I can grab that. Need to ask the author and make a
  translatable ipk out of it. Normally same workload as re-writing that
stuff.
  Not this month.

- Who needs wifidog in an unencrypted free mesh environment? You can
   use iptables and fetch a copy of the freifunk-gateway-??.ipk for a config
   sample to get the 404-extra-httpd going (additional
"S:cgi-bin-mystuff.htm"
   in the busybox httpd.config file). Yes - that is not drag-n-drop.

- And: I am very lazy. Restart is necessary because reconfiguration without
  restarts costs me a lot of devel time but saves only 5 mins. per average
user
  for his/her config experience. I like to get things going, but need to
optimize
  my time ressources always. So that's prio #99 (there are 98 other things
on
  the todo).

HTH Sven-Ola

""michel memeteau"" <michel.memeteau at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c7fe8b8c0606150154k5d0f85dds327149d493babdba at mail.gmail.com...
Hi , I'm from http://wireless-fr.org  France meeting point for free wifi
networks ,

Two things are keeping freifunk from spreading over FON and other commercial
initiative :

It miss the port forwarding GUI  (
https://wiki.funkfeuer.at/index.php?title=Port-Forwarding_unter_FreiFunk is
working on )
No integréted GUI to configure Wifidog ( we are working on
http://forum.wireless-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=64#p64 )

We need to restart for each changes ( can't we avoid that as in Webif ? )

I think PPPOE should ne intégrated by default ....

How can we work all together to make this in the next freifunk release or at
least make the ipks together and add them to the main tree ? We want to help
and I want to give a functionnal alternative to those FON guys .....

Cheers all ...

Michel memeteau
sip:17476005010 at proxy01.sipphone.com
0491886375 0624808051