[WLANware] dhcpsplash 0.1.4 testrelease

Lorenz Schori lorenz.schori at gmx.ch
Thu Jul 20 18:05:49 CEST 2006

hi

you can configure dhcpsplash to present an acceptable policy to dhcp
users which they have to agree. additionally  there is the option to
enter mac addresses which will be accepted automatically and such
which will be blocked. there is also an option to block the whole
dhcp range (with exception of the allowed macs) and just present some
info-text to them. a possible use of that would be to present some
links and some explenations on how to use olsr for olsr-only freifunk-
networks.

the advantage of dhcpsplash is that it's lightweight and it
integrates nicely with freifunk. this splash does not start any
process, instead it inserts some iptable rules and puts some special
files into the www directory of the router. there is an english
readme here:

http://znerol.ch/svn/freifunk-dhcpsplash/trunk/README

cheers
lorenz