[WLANware] Features added to the Freifunk Kit

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 27 14:06:05 CEST 2006

I've done a few more things with this - syncing it with v1.3.4 for starters.

I've also removed the tcp_westwood routine as it's now redundant.

I've added a command-line option "-N" to set any nvram var via "name=value"
This can be used as many times as you like on a single command-line.

And any additional (non-legacy) nvram variables added to S14ffnvram are now
set using "command nvram set" instead of "nvram set" because the nvram
override function in "functions.sh" in the firmware was causing problems.
When you wanted to set an nvram value containing a space, the function
truncated the value at the first space - e.g. nvram set foo="bar baa black
sheep"' resulted in 'foo=bar'.  This is now fixed by using "command" to
bypass the function.

Here's the diff against kit v1.3.4

http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/freifunk-kit_1.3.4_dan.diff

And the rest of the files

http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/gen-openwrt
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/functions.sh
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/defaults.network.conf
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/defaults.node.conf
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/config.sed
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/busybox
http://users.bigpond.net.au/flett/freifunk-kit/.config.busybox+httpd+ipcalc

I have tested this to confirm it does what I expect it and that it creates a
firmware file - but I haven't tested v1.3.4 on a router.  My modified v1.2.5
does produce a firmware image that works on a router (wl-500g).

Cheers,

Dan Flett