[WLANware] Wrt mit 1.2.5 und ipkg upgrade

Peter D.T. Keller info at peter-dt-keller.com
Sun Apr 16 18:33:51 CEST 2006

bitte keine mails mehr

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: wlanware-bounces at freifunk.net [mailto:wlanware-bounces at freifunk.net] Im Auftrag von Sven-Ola Tuecke
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. April 2006 15:42
An: wlanware at freifunk.net
Betreff: Re: [WLANware] Wrt mit 1.2.5 und ipkg upgrade

Dan,

the shell version of course. Freifunk does not have too much bloat - I'am shure. Take a WAP54G (has 2Mb Flash + 8 Mb RAM), install openwrt-micro, then try to:

install: dropbear
install: olsrd+some plugins
install: tc (traffic shaping)
install: ip (iproute2)
install: web ui
install: ncurses+horst

If you succeed, I'am interessted. A single purpose firmware has it's advantages over any multipurpose stuff. Look here (this is the new version
*with* mini_fo):

root at wap20-sven-ola:~# df
/dev/root                  896       896         0 100% /rom
/dev/mtdblock/4            384       196       188  51% /rom/jffs
none                       896       896         0 100% /
root at wap20-sven-ola:~# ipkg install horst

Downloading
http://styx.commando.de/sven-ola/testing/libncurses_5.2_mipsel.ipk ...
Connecting to styx.commando.de[212.91.225.42]:80
libncurses_5.2_mipse 100% |***|   109 KB    00:00 ETA
Done.
Unpacking libncurses...Done.
Configuring libncurses...Done.

Downloading http://styx.commando.de/sven-ola/testing/horst_1.2_mipsel.ipk
Connecting to styx.commando.de[212.91.225.42]:80
horst_1.2_mipsel.ipk 100% |***|  7408       00:00 ETA
Done.
Unpacking horst...Done.
Configuring horst...Done.
root at wap20-sven-ola:~# df
/dev/root                  896       896         0 100% /rom
/dev/mtdblock/4            384       356        28  93% /rom/jffs
none                       896       896         0 100% /
root at wap20-sven-ola:~#

LG Sven-Ola

""Dan Flett"" <conhoolio at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BAY114-DAV17646BFB0A750297FE791EAFC60 at phx.gbl...
Hi Sven,

Is ipkg in FFF 1.3 the C ipkg or the ipkg-sh shell script?  OpenWRT Micro uses a cut-down version of ipkg called ipkg-sh to save space.  Is this what FFF does?

Cheers,

Dan

View my blog:
http://freenetjazz.blogspot.com