[WLANware] olsr on two interfaces ?

kloschi kloschi at subsignal.org
Mon Apr 3 18:06:29 CEST 2006

hi,

we recently changed to the common friefunk ip scheme.
meanwhile doing this I have an advanced setup here, where:

(all: fff-1.2.4)

roof-wrt eth1  )    )    )    (  (  (  other-roof-wrts
br0             }
 |               }
 |                }
 |               }
br0             }
house-wrt eth1 )    )    )    (   (  ( some-other-roof-wrts
pppoe
 8
 8
 8

where: eth1 = 10.63.node.1/8
       br0 = 104.63.node.1/28

point is, even without the cable between the roof- and the house-wrt
they see each other, but the connection is pretty poor.
so I thought to cable them, and set both olsrd to:

Interface "eth1" "br0"
{
        HelloInterval           5.0
        HelloValidityTime       90.0
        TcInterval              2.0
        TcValidityTime          270.0
        MidInterval             15.0
        MidValidityTime         90.0
        HnaInterval             15.0
        HnaValidityTime         90.0
}

but in both status-pages they see each other as neighbours just over the
eth1 ip, but their own subnets of the br0 interfaces (104.63.roof.1/28
and 104.63.house.1/28) are announced over br0 to each other.
for me it seems, that olsr runs on both interfaces on both routers, but
the 0.0.0.0 is announced only over eth1.
how would it be possible to let the roof-wrt use the house-wrt's hna4
(0.0.0.0, pppoe) announcement over the cable (because that connection is
much more stable?)

thanx,
kloschi