[WLANnews] FCC blocks alternative firmwares on routers

Monic Meisel monic at monic.de
Mo Aug 10 11:59:19 CEST 2015

Dear fellow activists,

have you recognized issue:

> The FCC new regulation is preventing installation of alternative
> firmwares such as OpenWRT or DD-WRT on routers.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-08-06/html/2015-18402.htm
This would heavily affect all wireless communities all over the world not only in the U.S.

>> Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
>> FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403
>> "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
>> patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
>> Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
>> software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
>> court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
>> favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
>> democratically elected legislators."

Here is the talk from battle mesh:
http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV8/Agenda?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=2015-08-06_wbmv8_FCC.pdf

Rare infos are gathered in this pad: