[WLANnews] Ideas for Freifunk Google Summer of Code 2014 - Yes or No?

Mario Behling mb at mariobehling.de
Fr Jan 31 16:52:22 CET 2014

Dear all,

I would like to ask you, if we should try to get into Google Summer of
Code again this year.

I had a talk with some Google folks a few months ago and there was
also feedback by email to our Ninux friends.

The main issue, why we did not get in last year: We did not have
enough well described ideas and GSoC challenges. Googlers wanted more
details of the proposed projects and more background. That is what I
understood.

The deadline for mentoring organizations applications is 14 February:
19:00 UTC. If we have a number of good ideas until Feb 13. on the
wiki, I would be happy to make the effort for an new application 2014.

Please add your ideas here: http://wiki.freifunk.net/Ideas

I moved older ideas here: http://wiki.freifunk.net/Ideas_GSoC_2013

All the best,

Mario