[WLANnews] Streaming, Formats, Licenses

kloschi kloschi at subsignal.org
Do Okt 18 18:26:43 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 16:39 +0200, Marc Manthey wrote:
> > as ogg is a containerformat for theora, you can stram video with
> > icecast, etc.
>

> well i understand that , but i just see radio stations
> are there any video streaming examples ?

it _is_ possible to stream video with icecast. I just followed that in
their mailinglist when it was the -KH derivate of icecast, that was
capable doing it. (KH means Karl Hayes as maintainer, read here:
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast-dev/2006-July/001579.html ).

Afaik the icecast-kh branch is merged into main nowadays. But don't
count on me with this, but reading here (oddsock is a bunch of handy
tools btw.!) - http://www.oddsock.org/guides/video.php suggests that it
might be true ;)

regards,
kloschi