[WLANnews] Backyard Radio Berlin - at Tesla, once more.

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Mi Okt 17 17:52:58 CEST 2007

> On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 14:15 +0200, kloschi wrote:
>>> Afaik Backyard Radio Initiative uses the Berlin freifunk mesh as a
>>> backbone for a large scale mini-FM transmitter swarm. so there you
>> see
>>> IP is needed for the backbone, and the swarm, well _must_ be FM
>>> transmitters!
>>
>> after rereading the backyardradio (byr) manifesto, the above is just
>> one
>> of alot more cases for backyard radio.
>>
>> additionally to the above:
>> - ppl could run byr / participate without any IP connection, and
>> therefore broadcast only what they produce in the place
>>
>> - with IP connection there is several cases as well, eg.
>> 	- everybody can make her/his own program (same as above)
>> 	- people can relay that program (by freifunk mesh or through
>> 	vpn via own dl uplink or such)
>
> this should have been dsl uplink.

hello kloschi ,

thanks for the explanation,  i am a bit experienced with streaming
and i was thinking if its possible to use a streaming software like "
darwin streaming server"
<http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Darwin_Streaming_Server>
or <http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/ > to stream over a "meshed" network.

> [1] http://www.ninjam.com/

nice stuff thank you very much
greetings

Marc

--
I know that you believe you understood what you think I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

web: http://www.let.de
.local http://stattfernsehen.com