[ff-firmware-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Gluon v2016.1

Matthias Schiffer mschiffer at universe-factory.net
Mo Feb 8 11:16:50 CET 2016

Hi,
I'm happy to announce that Gluon v2016.1 has finally landed!

As you've already noticed, this has taken a lot longer than planned. The
change from Barrier Breaker to Chaos Calmer had caused some unexpected
instabilities which had to be addresses before making this release.

The release notes can be found at

    https://gluon.readthedocs.org/en/v2016.1/releases/v2016.1.html

Please read the "Site changes" section very carefully, as there have
been lots of changes. You might even want to re-read the "Getting
started" guide to find out about our new kernel module opkg repo feature.

We thank all our contributors, who have helped us with code [1], bug
reports, testing or just participating in discussions in our issue
tracker or on IRC.

Regarding release frequency, 2015 hasn't been our most lucky year. We
hope to improve on that in the future and get back to a more regular
release schedule.

-- NeoRaider

[1] https://github.com/freifunk-gluon/gluon/graphs/contributors