[ffda] Fluechtlingsunterkunft Starkenburgkaserne

Ana Barroso ana at megfau.lt
Di Aug 18 18:43:23 CEST 2015

Now to everybody on the list and not just to Lukas:

Thanks everybody for wanting to help.

I am right now at the Bürgerversammlung near the Kaserne, so excuse my brevity.

We might be able to establish a cooperation with the services running the camps. We have the telephone number of the Stab, the city mayor is here, other directors are here. I will talk to them after the talk, or in the Q&A session. It is possible that they fund telecommunications equipment, we can give it a try, then you don't have to donate your nodes.

I will report everything I find out on the pad.

Also, I was at the refugee camp right before and talked to the staff. To cover the camp, 3 or 4 routers are more than enough, problem is uplink. They only have LTE, cannot get a better solution. We will have to rely on neighbours for uplink, or a long range connection to a tall spot. The best (only) tall spot I saw near the camp was an electricity mast.

Cheers,
Ana