[WLANware] Best OLSR/Freifunk for mini-PC ?

Alexander Morlang alx at dd19.de
Thu Oct 26 15:56:37 CEST 2006

P C schrieb:
> I love Freifunk.  But, now I need to add an intel compatible mini PC
> (with athros mini-pci wireless cards) to our olsr network.  What
> os/software is the best and easiest to setup, and has an
> embedded/image version that is easy to install on a Compact Flash
> card? Thanks, -Pete

you can use an openwrt-kamikaze-x86, the buildroot generates an image
for the flashcard, including partitiontable and mbr. There is an olsr
ipkg with sven-olas patches.

But it will only be useful if you have linux experience, because
kamikaze ist far from being 'release' ;-)

it has the advance of getting an uniform software enviroment, improving
maintainance issues.

Greets, Alex